Report a crime online or call us on 101 or 999 in an emergency

Employment disclosures

Information on how to obtain employment disclosures.

We do not provide PNC disclosures for employment vetting services. If you require a disclosure for employment purposes, please contact Disclosure Scotland.

It is unlawful for an employer to ask you to make a request under Rights of Access. Further details are available from the Information Commissioner's Office.

If you still choose to make a Rights of Access request for this purpose you should be aware that the response will include all conviction records, including any that you are not required to declare to an employer under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.

If you are going to work as a paid employee or as a volunteer for an organisation and your work will bring you into contact with children or vulnerable adults you should contact the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) formally the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) direct on their information line 0870 90 90 811.

Call the DBS on 0870 90 90 811

For more information visit disclosure and barring service

Exit this website