Report a crime online or call us on 101 or 999 in an emergency

Reporting parking problems and abandoned vehicles

Find out how to report abandoned vehicles to your local council.

Regulation and enforcement of on-street parking restrictions, public car parks and controlled parking zone permits is the responsibility of your local council. 

Abandoned Vehicles

For parking obstruction where vehicle access is inhibited, that is, the road is blocked or otherwise impassable due to the way the vehicle has been parked; or you are unable to exit your driveway on to the road, the police may be able to make efforts to contact the registered keeper and attend if necessary and consider removing the offending vehicle. For the police to use these powers there must be an obstruction which makes it impassable. If you are able to pass by the vehicle, even with difficulty, then the road, footpath or driveway is not actually physically blocked and the police will not attend.

Vehicles parked in a dangerous position where its position could cause injury to someone using the road (e.g. parking on a blind bend or on a humpback bridge) are matters for the police and you should call 101 or report online.

Abandoned vehicles, and their recovery, that do not cause obstruction should be reported to your local council. 

Report an Untaxed Vehicle 

The DVLA are responsible for prosecuting owners of vehicles that are untaxed. Please click here if you wish to report a vehicle that appears to be unlicensed and used on a public road.

Report parking problems and abandoned vehicles in your area

Find your local council

Civic Centre,
5 High Street,
KT10 9SD

Civic Centre Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 8.45- 5.00pm

Visit the Elmbridge borough council website.

Millmead House

Visit the Guildford borough council website.

Runnymede Civic Centre
Station Road
KT15 2AH


Visit the Runnymede borough council website.

Council Offices
Knowle Green
TW18 1XB

Opening Hours: 8.45am - 5pm (Monday to Thursday) 8.45am - 4.45pm (Friday).

Visit the Spelthorne borough council website.

Surrey Heath House
Knoll Road
Surrey GU15 3HD

Visit the Surrey Heath borough council website.

Civic Offices
Gloucester Square
GU21 6YL


Visit the Woking borough council website.

Find out more information on vehicle seizures and recoveries.

Exit this website