Appeal to identify CCTV images of man following burglary in Tandridge
We are appealing for help to identify the man from the CCTV images as we’d like to talk to him in connection with a burglary in Warlingham.
Officers are investigating a report that at approximately 12.30pm on Thursday, 23 August, a property was broken into and multiple items including electrical items, money, and a Skoda Karoq were stolen.
Anyone with any information about who the man is should contact Surrey Police on 101 or use report.police.uk and quote the reference number PR/ 45180090700.
Alternatively you can report information in anonymity to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Taking just a few steps can make a big difference in keeping your home safe from burglary. Here are a few tips:
- Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house, even when you're just out in the garden, remembering to double-lock UPVC doors (lift handle and turn key)
- Hide all keys, including car keys, out of sight and away from the letterbox (remember a device could be used to hook and remove keys through the letterbox)
- Make sure the fences around your garden are in good condition
- Keep ladders and tools stored away; don't leave them outside where they could be used to break into your home
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property
- Mark your property with a forensic marking product and register your property with Immobilise
For more information please visit www.surrey.police.uk/burglary