Report a crime online or call us on 101 or 999 in an emergency


Burglary gang sent down for nearly 28 years

28 Jul, 2017 13:45 News Behind Bars

A burglary gang has pleaded guilty and been sentenced to almost 28 years in jail for a string of high value offences across Surrey and Sussex.

  • Darren Kevin Eastaugh, 30, (23/3/87) of Bedfont Close, Feltham has been sentenced to seven year and three months.
  • Oliver Paul Hart, 25 (14/3/92) of Walton on Thames area but currently of no fixed abode has been sentenced to five years and four months
  • Roy Andrew Mark Head, 28 (7/10/88), of Felix Road, Walton on Thames has been sentenced to seven years and four months.
  • Joshua Sumer, 27 (18/12/89) of Toad Lane, Hounslow has been sentenced to eight years. After all pleading guilty to a conspiracy to burgle involving seven offences with a total loss in the region of £600,000.
  • Kye Hardy-King, 25 (26/3/92) of Lela Avenue, Hounslow pleaded guilty to handling stolen goods in relation to one burglary and has been sentenced to 12 months suspended for 12 months and 20 day rehabilitation order.

Eastaugh, and Sumer admitted that on 25 -26 February 2017 at Moles Hill, Oxshott, Surrey they broke into a house and attempted to break into a safe but were disturbed, however still made off with high value jewellery, cash and other items including high value handbags.

Eastaugh and Hart admitted that on 28 February 2017 at Worple Road, Staines-upon-Thames /Ashford area they broke in but were disturbed.

Hart and Sumer admitted that on 1 March 2017 at Comptons Lane, Horsham, Sussex they broke into a shed and attempted to break into a house before being disturbed and then when on the same say when onto Grafton Road, Selsey, Sussex where they broke into a house and stole a safe containing money and jewellery.

On 6 March 2017 police raided Rojan Jewellers, North End Road, Fulham and identified a ring from the Selsey burglary. The owner, Kye Hardy-King, 25 (26/3/92) of Lela Avenue, Hounslow, was arrested for handling stolen goods and he has pleaded guilty.

On 8 March 2017 Head was arrested by Sussex Police and was subject to an ID parade, but as he wasn’t able to be identified he was released on bail pending further investigation. However the next day he was out committing crime again: Eastaugh and Head admitted that on 9 March 2017 at Mount Hermon, Woking, Surrey broke into a house but were disturbed and the same day went onto Lower Road, Bookham, Surrey where they broke into a house and stole a camera.

On 9 March 2017 Head (who was on bail), Hart and Eastaugh were arrested by Flying Squad following a proactive operation and the stolen camera was found in Eastaugh’s car.

DC Phil Carter, officer in charge of case, said:

"These men have been convicted of a series of high value burglaries in Surrey and Sussex earlier this year. The loss to victims was substantial with a total value for the seven offences in the region of £600,000. High value homes were targeted, some with occupants present during the offences - which is likely to have been very upsetting for them.

"I welcome the sentences handed down today - they reflect the very serious nature of these offences. This was a complex investigation completed with help from the Flying Squad whose assistance proved crucial in securing the defendants guilty pleas.

"As this case demonstrates Surrey Police takes burglary very seriously and burglars should be in no doubt that if you offend we will come after you and ensure you face justice."

All the defendants, apart from Hardy King, have substantial criminal records stretching back many years. Head, Eastaugh and Sumer were all on licence after being sentenced in 2014 for conspiracy to burgle and were released on licence in 2016.


Latest News

Exit this website