Report a crime online or call us on 101 or 999 in an emergency


Man from Tadworth sentenced following serious collision last year

08 Nov, 2018 11:05 News Behind Bars

A man who has been wanted since November 2017 for causing injury by dangerous driving was jailed for three and a half years when he appeared at Guildford Crown Court on Friday (2 November).

Freddy Webb, 26, of Thurnham Way, Tadworth, was charged with numerous offences following a serious road traffic collision in May 2017 in Tadworth which left a teenage girl with life-changing injuries including a fractured pelvis, and serious deep lacerations to her leg which has left in her constant pain.

He failed to attend Guildford Crown Court on 6 November 2017 and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Webb was arrested by Thames Valley Police on 24 October for fraud and theft offences. Further enquiries established that he was also wanted on warrant. He pleaded guilty to the following offences when he appeared at Guildford Crown Court:

  • Causing serious injury by dangerous driving;
  • Driving otherwise than in accordance with a driving licence;
  • Driving whilst over the prescribed limit for alcohol & drugs (cocaine);
  • Failing to stop following an injury collision;
  • No insurance.

Webb was also disqualified from driving for five years and nine months.

Webb was driving a silver Volkswagen Golf when he was involved in the head-on collision with a motorbike outside the Texaco petrol station in Shelvers Hill, Tadworth, around 9pm on 23 May 2017. Webb failed to stop at the scene. The motorcyclist was taken to St George’s Hospital with serious injuries.

The Judge commented on how it was a serious offence, aggravated by Webb’s behaviour and consumption of alcohol and drugs, and it merited the application of the maximum sentence for Webb’s guilty plea.

Sergeant Geoff Longstaff from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said:

“Webb’s dangerous and erratic driving coupled with his consumption of alcohol and cocaine led to the collision and resulted in a young woman being left with life-changing injuries. Not only did he fail to stop at the time, but he then went on the run after being charged. He has finally been brought before the court and been sent to prison for three and a half years. The fact that he has finally been brought to justice for what he did will hopefully allow the victim to start to rebuild her life and give her some closure.”


Latest News

Arrest made for Farnham burglary

21 Dec, 2018 11:55 News

Officers investigating the burglary of a Farnham jewellers in October arrested a 45-year-old man in connection to the offence on Thursday (20 December).

Exit this website